We’re all really looking forward to the first Repair Café Portsmouth event on Saturday 21st April!
We’ve been planning this for a few months now, and we had a fun and productive trial session in March. Here’s some of what we got up to:
- We’re partnering with the Community Cycle Centre so that you can get your bikes repaired at our events. Delphine had her brake blocks replaced, so she could cycle home safely in the snow.
- Andrew came along and was shown how to darn by Meg, and is now working through the moth holes in some much loved jumpers. “What a great new skill! Thank you very much Meg.”
- Tamara had some of her favourite fairy lights brought back to life with the help of Ming.
- Gail went away happy with her sewing machine fixed by Menno.
- Whilst you wait for Repairers to become available we have drinks and cake available to purchase, and we make sure that our volunteers are well fed and watered during the session too.
- We’ve had some funding from Fratton Big Local to help with our set up costs, and their co-ordinator brought along their broken shredder, which got a new lease of life.
- And we even managed to fix the clasp on a treasured fob watch, and replaced a button on Chris’s trousers.
We’re now looking forward to April’s event, so if you have something broken, and would like some help to see if it can be repaired, pop along between 10.30am & 1pm on Saturday 21st April, to Buckland URC, 174 Kingston Road (entrance on Queens Road), and we’ll see what we can do.
If you can carry it, you can bring it. We’ll have volunteers there that can help with:
- Household appliances e.g. toasters, juicers etc
- Computers, phones, printers
- Clothes, fabrics
- Toys, lights, radios…
And if you’re not sure if we can help, feel free to email us beforehand.
We look forward to seeing you soon.